My goals as a teacher are
supporting, allowing and encouraging leaners to acquire communicative
competence in a foreign language, because I believe that communicative
competence demonstrates what is necessary to master a foreign language. An
example of communicative competence that has been acquired is when a learner
can act and communicate appropriately with native speakers without having to be
too conscious about what they are saying or doing. My goals for my students are
assuring that something has been learned in each lesson because I think that
the purpose of each class is creating a knowledge environment, which allows each
student to learn what they want and need from each lesson. An example of making
sure that something has been learned in each lesson is when the student can
demonstrate the learned knowledge in a situation where this it can be applied.
The methods I will consider to reach these goals are balancing the lessons with
activities from the 4 skills: writing, reading, speaking and listening; as well
as vocabulary and grammar. I will choose topics from real life situations that add
cultural and pragmatic knowledge to the lessons. The practice I prefer is at
the end of the lesson when the students interact with native speakers in a
situation in which they can use what they have learned and be evaluated by the
native speaker. I will assess student understanding by daily evaluations made
by native speakers and homework in which they will reflect on the lesson in the
way they prefer to express themselves. There will also be monthly evaluations
that simulate the official language tests such as TOEFL, and a group revision
and reflection. I will improve my teaching by getting to know my students’
learning strategies and intelligences in order to plan my lessons, I will be in
constant research looking for suggestions on how to teach with certain
personalities, and I will create material from this. I will know that I have
taught effectively when the learners are capable of passing official tests and
have a positive attitude towards native speakers and their culture.
Teaching is important to me because
I think it is rewarding to pass on knowledge that others find useful, as well
as learning from them because teaching is also learning. Teachers and students
can both complete their goals by interacting and staying motivated to learn
throughout the course. To maintain positive relationships with my students I
see their virtues and the aspects that could be improved, and try to make the
lessons as nice as possible while pushing their strongest abilities and exercising
those that are weaker in order to make them strong.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario